2828 Spear Avenue
Ardsley, PA 19038
- Joan Sweeney - Recreation Supervisor
- John (Jack) Brennan, Custodian
- Monday -Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (closed 1-2pm)
- Special Hours for Pool Applications:
- Tuesdays - June 9th & June 16th
- Saturday - June 20, 2015
- Note: Non-Resident Pool Applications are accepted at this location only during evening/saturday hours noted above. Non-residents must go to Alverthorpe Manor location from 8:00-4:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Ardsley Community Center's Background
The ARDSLEY COMMUNITY EDUCATION CENTER began operations in November of 1978 with the cooperation of the Comprehensive Employment Training Act, the School District of Abington and the Bureau of Parks and Recreation of Abington Township. With the cooperation of these three agencies, the ARDSLEY COMMUNITY EDUCATION CENTER became a division of the Bureau of Parks and Recreation of Abington Township.
The Center has become the home for a number of local groups, such as the Queen of Peace CYO, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and Aikido. In order to become active in any of these groups, contact the Center at 215-576-1630.
Facilities for Rent
- Classrooms - for meetings
- Gymnasium - capable of seating 400 - 500 persons. Activities held in the gym have included Square Dancing, Rock Concerts, Old York Road Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert, Dance Recitals, Sports Leagues, Aerobic Classes and Flower Shows.
- Facilities are available to charitable organizations and community groups at LOW cost.
Please Note: The Ardsley Center is available to groups who wish to serve alcoholic beverages at their functions. Beverages are limited to beer and wine only. Special regulations will apply. For more information, contact the Center's office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215-576-1630.
- Facility Use Application
- Facility Use Rules and Regulations
- Ardsley Community Education Center Rules &Regulations
Facility Details and Pictures
ARDSLEY DAY CARE CENTER
The Ardsley Day Care Center, a state license facility provides year round quality day care for children of working parents in the community. The center accepts children from six (6) weeks to twelve (12) years of age. There is a three and four year old preschool program licensed by the Department of Education. Before and after school care is offered and a summer camp program runs from June to September for K-6th grades. For more information, call 215-572-0862 or visit their website at www.daycarecentersinc.com.