Jay W. Blumenthal is the Tax Collector for Abington Township. In this position, he is responsible for the collection of the Township, Montgomery County, and Abington School District real estate taxes.
The township tax office is responsible for the collection of the mercantile/business privilege taxes and the local services tax. The tax office also receives monies for deposit from various departments for such services as issuing permits, recreation fees, inspections, refuse, police, etc.
Jay W. Blumenthal
Abington Township Building
1176 Old York Road
Abington, PA 19001
Monday -Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tax Office Links
- 2017 Tax Due Dates
- Berkheimer Earned Income Tax Assistance
- Business License Application
- Local Services Tax Application
- Extension of Time Application for Business Tax
- E-Mail Notifications Sign-Up
- Homestead Exclusion Application
- Important Tax Information
- Petition for Review
- Property Tax/Rent Rebate
- Documents and Forms (including Current/Prior Year Tax Forms, Merchantile and Business Forms, Priviledge Tax Forms, and Local Services Tax Forms)
- Tax Code Chapter PDF
- On-line Tax Code
- View Your Tax Bill On-Line
- Q & A - Property Assessments
- Rules and Regulations
- Tax Payer Bill of Rights
Payment of Real Estate Taxes
There are several ways to pay your real estate taxes:
- By Mail to: Abington Township Tax Office, 1176 Old York Road,
Abington PA 19001
- In Person from: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at the Tax Office, 1176 Old York Rd, Abington PA 19001
- 24-Hour Drop-Off Slot: In the Abington Township Building Lobby,
1176 Old York Road, Abington PA 19001
- Online or by Phone: To pay by credit card or debit card, please visit one of the websites listed below or call 1-866-874-9602. Payments may be made using Visa, Master Card, Amex or Discover. NOTE: An additional 3rd party charge of 2.5% will apply.
- The option of paying by electronic check (E-Check) is now available (through the websites listed below) at the 3rd party cost of $1.50. Select the option E-Check under payment method; you will need your bank routing number and bank account number for this service.
Select the correct website below for the tax you are paying:
- Township/County Tax
- School Tax